Thursday, December 23, 2010

Meringue Cookies


I love these simple meringue cookies
you can make for any occasion.
I make them at Christmas,
but they would also look pretty with
pastel sprinkles at Easter.

Meringue Cookies

4 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
sprinkles

Preheat oven to 250-degrees.

Line cookie sheets with
non-stick foil.


In a large mixing bowl,
beat egg whites, cream of tartar,
salt and vanilla on medium.


Beat until mixture forms
soft peaks like this.


Turn mixer to high and
slowly add the sugar.


Beat until the mixture
forms stiff peaks like this:


Drop by heaping teaspoon onto the foiled cookie sheets.
Place about 2 inches apart,
and add sprinkles or colored sugar.


Bake for 40 minutes.
Cool for three minutes before
removing from cookie sheet
and allow to cool.

They will be hard to the touch,
but soft on the inside.

When cooled, these cookies are crispy on the outside
and deliciously chewy on the inside.

Warning: They are addicting!

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete