Friday, November 19, 2010

Green Rice with Chicken


I got the idea for this recipe in college from my
FAVORITE dish served in the dining hall...
Green Rice!

After college, I made up a recipe trying
to match it, and added chicken to
make it a full meal.

You can make it without the chicken
and serve it as a side dish.
The kiddies won't even know they're getting
a good dose of spinach.

It's easy and DELICIOUS!

Green Rice with Chicken

3 boneless chicken breasts
2 boxes Rice-a-Roni Chicken flavor
1 box frozen chopped spinach (Don't get the 'leaf' spinach)
1 tsp. minced garlic in the jar
2-3 cups sharp cheddar (or regular cheddar if you prefer)

Preheat oven to 350-degrees.

Spray a 9 X13 inch glass pan with cooking spray
and set aside.

Prepare the Rice-a-Roni according to package
directions. It takes 20 minutes to cook
on the stove top.


While rice is cooking, prepare the
chopped spinach.


Place frozen spinach in a covered
microwave safe bowl and microwave
for seven minutes on high.


Cut chicken breasts
into bite-sized pieces.

Heat a bit of olive oil in a dutch oven pan
over med/high heat.

Saute the chicken until cooked through


When spinach is done, press
out excess water and set aside.


When chicken is cooked through,
add the minced garlic and cook
an additional minute.


Remove the chicken from the stove and
season it with salt and pepper to taste.

When rice is done,
stir it in with the seasoned chicken.


Mix in the chopped spinach.


Spread this mixture into the
prepared baking dish.


Sprinkle the top generously with the
cheddar cheese and bake in
the oven until cheese is melted.
(about ten minutes.)


My kids have loved this dinner since
they were little.  I like that it has
all the food groups in one
easy, cheesy dish!

2 comments:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete