Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Swiss Cheese & Onion Cracker Spread


Looking for an awesome and easy appetizer?

I got this recipe from my friend Sally years ago when were were single career gals.
Sally would make this cracker spread and
we would eat just this for dinner as we gabbed with girlfriends.  It brings back many fun memories,
And, it's a snap to make!


I like to name recipes after the people who gave them to me,
So this is called:

Sally's Swiss Cheese and Onion Cracker Spread

1 block baby Swiss cheese grated (I buy the half moon as seen in pic above)
1/2 cup chopped green onions (the green part only)
1 tea. garlic powder
1/2 cup of mayonnaise

Grate the Swiss cheese by hand or use your food processor as I do.


Dump the shredded cheese into a mixing bowl.


Chop the green part of the green onions to equal a half cup.


Mix the chopped green onions with the grated Swiss cheese.


Add the teaspoon of garlic powder and mix well.


Add the mayonnaise and mix everything together.

This cracker spread is especially festive to serve in the fall.
I pull out my pretty Thanksgiving turkey platter.


I serve the spread with BIG Cheeze-it crackers which are bright orange...
and look VERY fallish!


Your guests will gobble this up!
I never have any leftovers...

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm going to try this! looks delish! thanks for sharing this easy cracker spread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is good! Love this Jill. I am trying not to put on so much calorie, you know. Just want to have roam for my ice cream. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete