Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pesto

Thougt I'd share my basic pesto recipe because it is so versataile in other recipes I will be sharing in upcoming blogs and a great way to use the summer basil from your garden.

Jill's Basic Pesto
1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I buy a big canister at Sam's Club)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (You can use pine nuts or almonds instead)
Heaping teaspoon minced or chopped garlic from the jar.
(Found in produce area by fresh garlic bulbs. I LOVE garlic, but add to your taste)
1/2 cup olive oil

Rinse fresh basil and remove leaves from stems.

Put all ingredients except for the olive oil in your food processor.
If you don't have a food processor, use your blender.


Pulse until it's chopped up like this:


Remove the little stopper from the lid of your food processor or blender.


While pulsing, stream olive oil in through the hole.
(It was difficult trying to stream, hold the pulse button down with my belly and take a picture at the same time. Please ignore the oil that I accidentally streamed all over the lid.)


I store this in a tight container and pull it out often to use over pasta, fresh vegetables, in soups...etc.


Next up...Jill's Pesto Zucchini Noodles!

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment