Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pasta Salad



Everyone has a favorite
Pasta Salad recipe.  Here's my family's
favorite which is especially good
with summer veggies.

Jill's Pasta Salad
16 oz. (1 lb.) pasta of your choice
2 cucumbers
2 tomatoes
1 can large pitted black olives
Italian dressing
McCormack's Salad Seasoning
red onion to taste (optional)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)


Start by preparing the pasta
according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking
peel the cucumbers.
Cut into fourths lengthwise
and remove the seeds
and chop as shown below:


Drain olives then slice in half lengthwise...


Or if you prefer...cut crosswise
into little circles.


Seed the tomatoes and chop.


Chop red onion if you're using one.
(My family doesn't like the raw onion.)

When pasta is done, rinse under cold water
until pasta is completely cooled.

Mix with the chopped veggies
in a large bowl and add Italian Dressing.

I use the Good Seasons
packets so I can mix it up fresh.
Tastes GREAT!


But you can also use bottled dressing.
Add enough to coat things well.


Sprinkle on McCormack's Salad Seasoning to taste
which you can find in most grocery stores with
the spices.

I buy this larger bottle
of a different brand from
Gorton's Foods...a national bulk food store


If you make this ahead,
you will probably need to add a bit
more dressing before serving as the
pasta absorbs some of the dressing.

Before serving, I sprinkle the salad with
freshly grated parmesan cheese.

This is always a crowd pleaser
at summer barbecues!

2 comments:

  1. wow so yummy and so healthy Ms.Jill..thank you for sharing..weeeeeee..Ms.Jill is really a good cook..*hugs* ms Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete