Monday, June 20, 2011

Broiled Grape Tomatoes


I made up this yummy recipe
because I love the juicy, sweet
Grape Tomatoes!

This is an especially good side dish
for summer meals
and a great make-ahead for
entertaining.

Broiled Grape Tomatoes

2 small crates of grape tomatoes
Italian salad dressing
Grated Parmesan cheese (Don't use the kind in green canister
for this recipe.)
Dried oregano leaves
freshly ground black pepper

Preheat broiler to high
or
you can do this part ahead
if you want to serve it later.

Cover a large cookie sheet with non-stick foil.
Cut grape tomatoes in half lengthwise
and lay them cut-side up
on the no-stick foil.


Brush the tomatoes with Italian dressing.
Actually, it's more like DABBING
because you want the tomatoes to
stay cut-side up.


If you're doing this ahead, just
leave the tomatoes on the counter
and the Italian dressing will soak into
the tomatoes making it yummier.

When it's time to prep for serving:

Pop the prepared tomatoes under
your broiler.
Let them broil until they are slightly
golden and bubbly.

You don't want them to turn
mushy and lose their shape, so
watch them closely...
they cook up fast.


Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese
heavily over the tomatoes.


Sprinkle oregano leaves and
grind black pepper
over the cheese.


Put back under the broiler
to melt cheese.

This happens FAST, so
watch it.

If I'm making this as a side-dish
with grilled meat,
I turn off the broiler and
put the tomatoes on the lowest oven rack
and shut the oven door.
This will keep the tomatoes
warm until you're ready to serve.

These tomatoes also taste
GREAT on hamburgers!

3 comments:

  1. I find foods that contain tomato is a long time. Thanks to this menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the tomato recipes. Tomato is my favorite fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete