Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Peppermint Bark


My friend Debbie gave me this easy, fast
Christmas recipe a few years ago, and it has
become a family favorite.

Debbie makes hers with dark chocolate chips
and chopped pecans or any chopped nuts.

I made a few changes because I like white chocolate.

Christmas Peppermint Bark
1 sleeve unsalted soda crackers
2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup sugar
12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (I like white chocolate)
3-4 candy canes crushed

Preheat oven to 350-degrees.


Line a cookie pan with non-stick foil.
The cookie pan must have edges.

Lay out the sleeve of soda crackers like this:


Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.


Add the sugar and stir until the mixture boils.


Pour the hot liquid evenly over the crackers.


Make sure all cracker surfaces are covered.
They will be kind of floating in the mixture.


Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
The first time I made these, I burned them,
so watch them carefully.
In my oven, they are perfect at ten minutes.

While they bake, unwrap the candy canes
and seal them in a Ziplock bag.

Crush the candy with a meat mallet.


Crush the candy to about this size and set aside.


Crackers are ready when the
butter/sugar mixture is bubbling.


Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly
with the chocolate chips.


Let chips sit on the hot crackers for a few
minutes until the chocolate melts
and is easy to spread.

Smooth the chocolate evenly over the crackers
covering the entire surface.


Sprinkle with the peppermint.
(or nuts...you could even use holiday sprinkles.)


Refrigerate for several hours to harden.
Since I live in a cold climate,
I put mine on the back porch next to the grill to chill.


When hardened, break into pieces.


It not only looks festive for the season,
this bark tastes
DIVINE!

2 comments:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete