Sunday, October 31, 2010

Egg Salad


This is my basic Egg Salad recipe
that I often pull out at Easter.

I was making it for eight people on
the day I took these pictures, but
you can easily half the recipe for less people.

Basic Egg Salad
(serves 8)
2 dozen hard boiled eggs
2 stalks of celery diced
2 tsp. dried minced onions (found with herbs and spices)
2 tsp. dried dill weed (found with herbs and spices)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup mayonnaise

Hard boil the eggs and peel them after they cool.


Chop them in your food processor,
I like the eggs a bit chunky.

If you don't have a food processor, chop
with a large kitchen knife.


Put the dried minced onions in
a measuring cup.


Add enough water to cover the onions
and set aside for the onions to rehydrate.


Chop the celery.


Mix the celery with the chopped egg
in a large bowl.


Add the dill weed and garlic,
plus salt and pepper to taste
and stir well.


Drain the water from the rehydrated onions
and add them to the salad.


Mix in the mayonnaise.


Serve with toast, bagels or English muffins.

Delicious for a brunch or special luncheon.


4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love egg salads! you make the most delicious food Ms Jill! If I come to visit you in Michigan someday, forget about my diet! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great simple salad recipe! I loved eggs but I do it scrambled with tomatoes and onions.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.
    I love egg but couldn't see this type of Recipe.
    I want try it.
    Thanks for share.
    Best Regarding.
    Chicken Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete